Wednesday, March 30, 2011

HOME

It was a house filled with music. It was a house filled with laughter. It was a house filled with love. It was a home.

They are all gone now, those people who loved me and held me. Yet their voices and the touch of their hands remain in my memory, my soul. They are all together somewhere, of that I have no doubt. I will join them one day, of that I have no doubt. Until that day I will carry with me and pay forward the music and laughter and love I learned from them.
They were light when carrying burdens,  laughed through sorrows and loss, were brave in war and even braver sending into war those sons they cherished. 

The bigger part of who I am I owe to them.
In the security of their unending love I was free to explore, wonder, learn, triumph, fail....always knowing that when questioning gave way to doubts too hard to face I had this place to run to, always reassured that all was indeed well.

This place was perhaps the only place I shall ever think of as home.

No comments:

Post a Comment